9/03/2008

In the words of Dave Matthews, "So Much to Say"

It's been over a week since I last blogged and I think something exciting has happened each day since. I witnessed my last Breast Cancer 3-Day event as a member of the event's PR team. I began a new job. I attended one of my best friends' weddings in Denver. I met my second cousin for the second time ever. I attended the best movie ever: "Mama Mia: the Sing-a-long." Needless to say there hasn't been a lot of time to blog. So let's catch-up.

I attended the Cleveland Breast Cancer 3-Day August 21-24. Cleveland is the biggest shit hole I have ever been to. Just going to throw that out there; that is really beside the point. The Cleveland Breast Cancer 3-Day was an interesting one to say the least. Getting asked to dinner by a reporter. Stung by a bee on my finger. Hal Sparks and Dr. Roizen. The list goes on and on. There was a huge surprise at the Cleveland Breast Cancer 3-Day though, when I went to a "meeting" behind the closing ceremony stage and it really was "Wendyfest 2008" as my clients and partners affectionately named it. They had a little going away celebration for me and it meant so, so very much. I'm looking forward to walking in 2009 (probably in Denver - I already have one walking buddy!) to see them all again!

I started my new job as a Public Relations Account Executive at Bailey Lauerman August 26. I really, really am enjoy it and feel I am adapting well. I think being in a smaller office makes it easier to get to know everyone and the surroundings better and quicker. I've jumped right into projects, including assisting with press conferences in Omaha, Lincoln and Kearney and assisting with media relations for today's BBB Integrity Awards in Lincoln. So far, so good!!!!

Kristi and Andy were married in Denver Labor Day weekend and it was such a fun and beautiful event. I could go on and on about how memorable their wedding was. I thank them for letting me be a part of their special day and wish them many, many years of happiness. The PG photos have been posted here

My cousin Olivia was in town with her son, Micah. He turned one in March and I've only met him once before this time (totally unacceptable! Austin is just too far.) My aunt and uncle were in town for my aunt's 50th birthday so we had some quality family time at Tanners - of course we'd meet at a bar. We see each other so rarely; I love the times when we are able to get together.  

I just got back from by far the best movie ever: "Mama Mia: the Sing-a-long." Emilie and I saw it with six of our closest friends. Really it some sucker-of-a-guy who was roped into seeing it with his girlfriend/wife/date and a group of four women who had admitted to margaritas beforehand. One in particular was a "dancing queen." I snapped a picture of her on my camera phone but I'm still trying to figure out some features of the Mac and can't download it. Rats.

I'm sitting here now watching Tina Fey speak. Oh wait, that's Sarah Palin. They have an amazing resemblance. 
Tomorrow it's off to Michigan for Miss Amy Hartfelder's wedding ... which reminds me I better get to packing!!

No comments: