9/22/2008

My Weekend Totally Sucked

Literally.

It's been sneezefest 2008 for me the last few weeks. I'm sure part of it has to do with the crap in the air (hayfever), but I am sure the amount of dust in the Fitch household was also a contributing factor. So, yesterday I said sayonara dust and busted out the Dyson.

I'm obsessed with the thing and thank the Hites for introducing us to such a sucky vacuum.

I started with our room and bathroom and spent two hours in those two areas only. The Dyson dominated the blinds, the ceiling fan, lamp shades, air vents, an artificial plant and other places where dust was inconspicuously hiding. I took a photo of how much crap the vacuum pulled up - and that was before vacuuming the carpet or the bathroom.

It
Was
Nasty.

I don't know if it's a good thing the Dyson was able to suck up that much dust or if it's a bad thing there was that much dust in our room.

Vacuuming might not sound like that exciting of a weekend, but in reality it was exactly what I wanted to do. Being that this was my first weekend home in five weeks (Boston Aug. 14-17, Cleveland August 21-24, Denver Aug. 29-31, Michigan Sept. 4-7 and KC Sept. 13-14) I was looking forward to a productive weekend. We purged cabinets and closets and cleaned the garage. Macy got groomed. We visited TCBY. We moved dangerously close to buying a new car. I worked Secure Your ID Day. We hosted an impromptu BBQ Saturday night.* It was a great weekend!

*One of the highlights of the BBQ was that the Neals came. It's so fun that they live in Omaha and can just swing by! Plus, they brought Stella, the world's happiest baby. Josh, Shannon, Emilie and Eric and Michelle and Brian came by too - it was great to see Shel...might just be the last time we see here prego! Baby Seger is coming any day now!!

No comments: