2/04/2013

Blessings

This is my current view. Holding my little snoozing lovey in my arms. I should take advantage of this time and shower and make my bed, but I can't break away and put him down right now.

Charlie was supposed to have a second cousin or some version of that (my cousin's baby) just three weeks older than him. When we found out these little fellas would be so close in age, we were so excited for future holidays and family get togethers, watching these two little ones play and grow up together.

Unfortunately cousin Max man was born with some complications and spent just 28 short days on this earth.

My cousin, Max's dad, just posted a moving note about Max on Facebook. It was a reminder and perspective for me this morning. I thank God for Charlie everyday, but sometimes when he's fussy or won't go to sleep, it can get frustrating. (And I'd like to think if any new parent didn't admit that then they are lying.) But Charlie is here, healthy and happy and for that we are eternally grateful.

We never got to meet Max man but he left an impression on all of us. He is stronger than I'll ever be. We will never forget our little fighter Max and we will always be grateful for the miracle we have in our arms, Charlie.

No comments: