11/02/2012

Weird!

Baby Geronimo's crib was delivered today. We have a crib in our house. WEIRD!

We are also en route to Omaha (actually blogging from the road; I am sure I wil lose the connection) for the last time before the little lad comes. Kind of crazy it's our last road trip to the great state of Nebraska as just husband, wife and hound.

This weekend we have two baby showers and we are so excited! Tomorrow night is with all of our great friends and Sunday is with Trevor's aunts. And last weekend the Laibles, Hicks' and Torosians hosted a get together which was great fun. We will post pictures from all soon!

We had an appointment with Dr. Matthews yesterday and all is well. Gerry is measuring a week early. Heartbeat in the 130s and he appears to be head down. We made the rest of our appointments through our due date--WEIRD!

Birthing class continues to be a good preparatory experience. Last week we toured the hospital which was good so we know what to expect and I can visualize everything.  I am thinking about labor like a half-marathon--all a mental game for me. And like I want to know the route before a race, I'd like to know my surroundings before I push. It is a nice facility but I am a little bummed we will be missing the brand new birh center opening in April and/or not delivering at the gorgeous Methodist Women's hospital in Omaha. But everyone says the care at Shawnee Mission, where we will deliver, is exceptional and that's all that counts!

I'm still feelin pretty good. I'm a little anxious that our due date is nearing--in the 6 weeks to go phase! My lower back was hurting quite a bit Sunday and Monday but walks and prenatal yoga do wonders for making it feel better. I've read other mommy blogs and they all write about cravings, weight gain and other standard things on a regular basis. I haven't done that. Fruit continues to taste delicious and  I'm now officially heavier than I've ever been, a whopping 33 lbs. more than I was 33 weeks ago. Well lookey there how that works out. Baby boy continues to be very active. It's weird but I love it. Aunt Lindsay got to feel his foot last week and I think she was royally freaked out. We also told her all about birthing class during our trip to Nebraska last weekend. I think we may have ruined any changes for baby Fitch to have cousins anytime soon. Getting more tired lately--getting out of bed in the morning is an issue-- and a real bummer because it means no morning phone chat with Shannon.

Well, my bum is officially aching and we still have an hour left in the car. Better change positions and complain to TFitch. Peace out.

Mama bear

No comments: