11/12/2012

Empathy belly

We had a good time watching the boys in our birthing class get a taste of pregnancy. Trevor was the first one to volunteer to wear the empathy belly. I'm sure wearing a 25 pound vest of water and sand for 15 minutes is totally like being pregnant! I wish he would have had to shave his legs, put on shoes and socks and roll over. Then again, I did make him roll over on the floor of the classroom to try and experience sleeping pregnant.

Trevor's thoughts on the empathy belly "it, uh, made me empathetic. But it was heavy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my husband wore the empathy belly in my Lamaze class when I was expecting twin boys.so his empathy belly was 50 pounds.my twin pregnancy weight and he was caring two seven pound metal balls that were twins I was caring. he was taking care of the house and three kids seven year old boy and 4 year old girl and one year old. he was dressed up in my maternity clothes .I videotape his homework project and he was only man in Lamaze class that made 48 hour mark. they were impressed that he made it especial caring twins babies. he said with out my help and coaching he could make it.he told thank god I have the babies.