3/04/2010

Awesome Antiquing

My friend Annie got me into antiquing, and I love it. Granted, I've only been twice - both times with her, Starbucks in tow - but I just love hunting for pieces to mix old with new.

When TFitch and I were in Springfield, Ill. last weekend (where Annie & Co. now temporarily reside, much to our dismay), we let the boys watch the little one and Annie and I headed out once again in search of some treasures. We both found some great things - a successful trip by Annie's standards - but my best find was this pair of Chanel earrings for $5! They're the real deal with "Chanel" engraved on the back of each.

I've already worn them and am in love! They are clip-ons, and while I thought about putting posts on them, I am kind of thinking I want to keep them in their original form.

If these earrings are anything like those we've found in a Google search, they're worth a few hundred dollars! And to think I almost passed them up! So glad Annie convinced me otherwise!

I know Emilie once found some awesome Stuart Weitzman pumps at a thrift store and Pammycakes can score some awesome stuff at TJ Maxx. What's your best thrift/antique/bargain store find?

No comments: