3/08/2010

13.1

I'm officially registered for the Lincoln half marathon and I'm so nervous! 13.1 miles is a long way to go!

Yesterday I had plans to run four miles around Lake Zorinsky, but ended up getting in closer to six. It felt pretty good. I was definitely pooped toward the end but I did finish. My legs are sore today, though! It was supposed to be 53 and sunny yesterday, but instead it was about 40 and overcast. It was chilly standing still but once you got running it was fine. We need some nicer weather so I can continue to run outside. I'm getting a little sick of the treadmill, although my friend Shannon and I had a date last Thursday night at Urban Active during Grey's Anatomy and we both got in pretty good runs!

In other news, I've got my eyes on these Tory Burch shoes and think they might be my reward for crossing the finish line May 2.

My question today is (actually I have two):

1. Any training tips to pass along?

2. Any good places to look for Tory Burch Revas on sale?

TTFN!
Wendy

7 comments:

pammycakes said...

love those revas! i love my new red ones! but the green, DARLING!

Kylie said...

I love chocolate milk after a long run! I'm pretty sure chocolate is suppose to be good for you after a long run!! Enjoy! Good luck! Oh and watch out for runners trot...

Wendy said...

I know! I really like the green ones! I'm sure black or brown would be more practical but not nearly as fun!

Kylie - what is runner's trot? It sounds...interesting!!

Rachel McKenney said...

I also do chocolate milk after running, but I also add some protein powder, too. Pumped about your running efforts, buddy. Kelli and I did 6 last weekend and I must say the hills around the Plaza were a killer. But I'm sure I'll be grateful for those with the Olathe Half comes around on April 10... Miss you.

melissa said...

I've seen the Tory Burch website put shoes on sale, but not usually the Revas. I found a pair of yellow Revas at Off 5th - the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet - for $95!!! I look everytime I go back (not often) and I haven't found them again. If you have one near you, it's probably worth a look.

Wendy said...

I will definitely start hittin the Off Saks Outlets next time I'm doing some outlet shopping. Now I'm on a mission. Thanks for the tip, Melissa. Your yellow ones sound DARLING!

Cindy Severin said...

TB.com has sales but usually not in the size one would need (of course, right!)What a perfect reward for yourself after the 1/2 marathon! Btw, Nordstrom is having a sale on TB flip flops right now with FREE Shipping!!