5/21/2008

Tomato, Tamato

Rachel told me she was eating burnt popcorn for lunch and how she likes burnt popcorn. This got me thinking of something I've thought about for a while: how foods taste different depending on their state. I am not talking about a Russet vs. french fries. (What doesn't taste better fried?) Here's what I mean:

Cold shredded cheese = barfo
Melted shredded cheese (think nachos) = YUM!

Bread = okay
Toast = much better

Water = could drink gallons
Ice = don't care for it

Raw carrots = delish
Steamed carrots = a little mushy for my liking

Popcorn = crunch-a-rifficly good
Burnt popcorn = Nasty (but what is good burnt?)

Cookie dough = absolutely delicious
The same cookie dough baked = delicious, but not as delicious as the cookie dough

Scrambled eggs = tasty
Sunnyside up eggs = narsty

Am I the only person who thinks of this stuff?

No comments: