5/23/2008

Economic Stimulus

We got our hidden fence installed this morning. I think it will be great for Macy - she can play outside all she wants without a leash. But the training is going to kill me. I felt the shock she will receive. It's startling. It won't hurt her; it will scare her. (She does receive an audio warning before the shock when she gets to close to the boundary.) But until she gets used to it, she's going to hate it. I didn't train with her at all today - the fence guy did - but I was inside and heard her yelp the one time she got shocked. I HATED it. But I know these fences are okay otherwise they'd be cruel and the ASPCA would be all over them and hidden fences wouldn't be installed in hundreds of homes every day. No more training for her today otherwise she would learn to hate going outside. So for now she's moseying around the house with her tail between her legs. Actually, that has ceased, but she did do that for a little while.

Anyway, I had to video the training to show Trevor how she did. This one is funny. I love at the end how she just sits and says, "I'm not going anywhere near that white flag, dumbass."


No comments: