11/11/2009

Mac & Cheese

I anticipate tomorrow with mixed emotions. Shock that November 12 is already here. Frustration a goal wasn't met. Nerves something will go wrong. Relief that it will all be over. Smiles.

That's right - smiles. Since January, Shannon and I have been engrossed in planning Paint the Town Orange. Sure points along the way were trying, time-consuming and overwhelming. But all in all, I've sincerely enjoyed the last 10 months. I've enjoyed the lunch meetings at Noodle Zoo, the spreadsheets, the mirage of e-mails; you have to when you're doing something for the greater good. And when you're engrossed in something so involved, the only thing that can make it better is to have one of your best friends by your side. There are not a lot of people I could do something like this with. Shannon was an irreplaceable partner in crime. When I was busy, she was there. My weaknesses were her strengths. We made exhausting and tough, strategic and tactical, major and minor, decisions together. We pushed each other. And we're better for it.

Thank you to my fellow YW Partners members for putting your trust in me and your support, and thanks to Shannon for being an incomparable cohort and most importantly, friend.

Let's do this!

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

I CAN'T WAIT! it will be great!