9/13/2009

Trevor's Turning 30

Trevor is turning 30 in a few weeks, and since this was his last weekend home before the big day I orchestrated a surprise party. It was a homerun - literally! Trevor is a huge, huge MLB fan, so it was a baseball-themed party. He spent the day at the football game with our friend Sam, and around 7 p.m. finally walked into 30 of our closest friends and family members wishing him a happy birthday. His expression showed he was in fact surprised. Here are the details:

EventTrevor's 30th Birthday 

Hosted by: His manager, Wendy 

Table scape:  Big props to my mom for assisting with this one. Since I was busy cleaning and baking/decorating a cake, she really stepped up to the plate (baseball puns never get old). She found some darling "take me out to the ballgame" ribbon, and also incorporated mini wooden bats and stadium snacks - think cotton candy, peanuts, seeds and big league chew - throughout. She used pages from newspaper sports sections as the base of the main table, which featured an autographed Derek Jeter baseball as the centerpiece. (Trevor's birthday gift from my parents.) My folks also had a special plaque made to go over one of my brother's old baseball trophies which was the centerpiece of the bar. Lastly, we printed off and framed photos of Trevor in his various MLB jerseys from throughout the years, and topped everything off with Baby Ruth bars. Appropriate for the soiree, and tasty too. 

Menu: Stadium food! In addition to the snacks, fans munched on hot dogs and turkey dogs; hamburgers, cheeseburgers and fries from Don & Millies (Trevor's favorite); nachos and popcorn. I made a jersey-style cake and decorated chocolate chip cookies to look like baseballs.

The invitations: The invitations were darling and made by Sabrina. I don't have an electronic versio right now, but will post it when I do. They looked like baseball cards, and a stick of gum was even included when they were mailed.

Photographic proof:



1 comment:

Brooke said...

I think you need to go into the party planning business! You have every detail covered. Looks great! I am impressed. =)