1/14/2008

If next time you talk to me I don't answer, it's because my ears froze off while walking to class.

Tonight was my first class. I admit I considered briefly logging into my ebrUNO account yesterday and just withdrawing. That sure would make life a heck of a lot easier than life with class. I'm so glad I didn't, although I have to admit the first ten minutes of my school adventure did not get off to the best start.

All I have to say is I am going to buy land, pave it, paint some stripes on it and charge people to park on it. I figure if I am in a high traffic area, maybe 100 cars will park there a day. If I charge each even $5, that's $500 a day or $183,000.000 this year (it will be $500 less in non-leap year years). Now, this may come as a huge shock to you, but$183K is a little more than I am making at Barkley. And think about it. Paying for parking is the NORM. You can't park freaking ANYWHERE without having a permit or paying. It is so annoying! Plus, owning a parking lot comes with minimum expenses and low liability.

So, yeah. As you can likely imagine I drove around for quite a while before I finally parked in the visitor, non-permit parking garage. Only a visual will do justice as to where the parking garage was in relation to my class:


Which, will be nice when I am wearing flip flops and a tank top, trying to sun my arms. However, current conditions in the 68116 zip code are:












I
WAS
FREEZING.

Anyway, class was good. My professor seems great. He's an adjunct professor, which I love. They always seem more laid back. He's actually the math supervisor for Omaha Public Schools and used to teach at Central High School, where Trevor went. I was a little nervous because page one of the syllabus screamed in bold type, "ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY" and that the key to success in the class was being in class. However, after sitting in the front row, participating in class and wearing a sweater vest, I introduced myself to professor Harrington, explained my situation to him and that I had some previously planned business travel. I offered him my typed list of dates I would be missing and he eagerly took it saying it was helpful and that he would keep it in his attendance files. I am much less stressed about that.

So, after purchasing a $90 USED text book, I ventured back to my frozen car.

It's official. I am in school and school is COOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think... Soon you'll be singing "School's out for the summer" once again :)Happy Mathing!