1/02/2008

So much to catch up on

Because there's so much to catch up on over the past few weeks, I just decided this post is going to be full of lists. Yeah buddy.

The list of lists in this blog:
1. The list of lists in this blog
2. What I did over Christmas break
3. Gifts I received for Christmas
4. Reasons I love the holidays
5. 2008 New Year's Resolutions
6. Christmas photos I love

What I did over Christmas break:
- Cleaned and organized my closet and took stuff to the Goodwill (twice)
- Cleaned and organized the storage room, kitchen cabinets, misc. drawers, etc.
- Took down all the Christmas decorations (except the outside lights) and the tree
- Hung a new light fixture in the kitchen
- Returned and exchanged Christmas gifts
- Accidentally exchanged a too-small belt Trevor got for Christmas for one that's too big so now we get to go back to Banana Republic for the third time in a week (not that I am complaining)
- Played wii. Kind of a lot.
- Organized my office and got rid of a chaise I'm been wanting to replace for a while
- Put stuff on eBay
- Got the Neal's baby shower planned
- Registered for class (Algebra baby)
- Met with a financial planner
- Started working on an '08 budget
- Laundry
- Ate at Cheesecake Factory, Hiro, Johnny's, Ruby Tuesday and more restaurants I am sure
- Partied at Barrett's (twice)
- Donated money to the United Way Von Maur Fund
- Scored a free cab ride to Amigos/Taco John's/home (thanks Hauptman O'Brien) with Shannon, invited our Jamaican cab driver (Muhamad) to Christmas with my family numerous times, gave him my phone number and hung up on him when he actually called
- Hosted a cookie and Christmas CD exchange party for some girls (and had hoot!)
- Went to Von Maur for the first time since the shootings and was kind of creeped out
- Went to Von Maur for the second time since the shootings and wasn't quite as creeped out as I was the first time
- Karaoked to "Baby Got Back" and shook my booty - believe it or not I was impressive and stayed on beat
- Slept in
- Had sushi. YUM!

Gifts I received for Christmas:
- New chair for my office
- Food processor
- Backpack
- Scrabble
- PhotoStamps.com gift certificate (Stamps of Macy should be arriving soon)
- US Weekly subscription
- Massage Envy Gift Certificate
- Radko ornaments
- Chef's coat
- Black North Face Puffy Vest
- Grey's Anatomy DVD's
- Cupcake carrier
- MONEY!
- Adverteasing
- Donation to Goodwill in our name

Reasons I love the holidays:
- Seeing family
- Yummy, fatty food
- No work (sorry!)
- Little kids at church in their holiday duds
- Get togethers with friends
- Goodwill amongst everyone
- Giving presents you know the recipient will LOVE
- Getting presents you love :-)
- Christmas cookies and music!
- Sales

2008 New Year's Resolutions:
- Church more often (which would be three times vs. instead of just Christmas and Easter)
- Be financially responsible (i.e. no careless spending! Stop shopping, Wendy!)

Christmas photos I love:



No comments: