9/19/2007

Maverick Mojo. Why Fight it?

Well, I did it. I applied for grad school.

Actually I only applied for my non-degree status because I have two prereqs to take, but still...I'm going back to school. I'm going to study and go to class and skip class and wear a backpack and buy books and take tests and do projects. Dear Lord. What have I done?

I'm actually very excited about it. If all goes as planned I should start my MBA program in the fall of 2008. I am very excited about that (not so much the prereqs). I met with an advisor in the spring and mapped out my MBA plan and she spent a lot of time talking about how MBA students choose a publicly traded company (no duplicates, though) and apply each course to that company. I find that very exciting. I also think I will truly value this experience being in the "real world" and having business knowledge to relate my courses to.

So, my application is with UNO. I received an email saying they were processing my application, in which I realized my birthdate on the application somehow is listed as 10/17/1975. Nothing about that is anywhere accurate. Need to get that fixed.

I'll keep you "posted." HA! Sounds like a blog pun if I've ever heard one. Oh yeah, my horoscope in US Weekly this week said something like "now's the time to do something you've been contemplating, like apply for grad school." Holy cow! I KNEW that publication was like the Bible. I'll scan it and post it soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know UNO reviewed grad school applications. I thought it was just a fun card game.

Wendy said...

Not to be confused with SuDoKo University.