9/13/2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Slowly but surely I'm catching up to the rest of my friends...I'm finally 27. The big day was last Friday, September 7th. I think the most enjoyable part was that I had the day off and I was in OMAHA. So often I feel like days off are spent traveling back from vacation or doing laundry because you just got back, or you took the day off for a specific reason (i.e. to recuperate from the JT concert). It was fun to have the day off work and just enjoy it. And that's exactly what I did. After first waking up at 6:45 am, Macy must have remembered it was my birthday and willingly napped with me. Until 10. It was awesome. However, that did mean we didn't get to the dog park like I had planned (but we went Sunday - no worries). I had a delish sushi lunch with my mom and then she and I headed to Golf Galaxy to pick out the putter she and my dad got me. Then, I hit the links with my mom and dad. However, might be the last time that happens. My dad got a little irritated when 1. my mom stopped by their house (we played at the course they live on) to go to the bathroom after the third hole, 2. when he had to go back two holes because my mom left her pitching wedge on the green and 3. when she didn't think she could play the last hole because she had to pee so bad. For the record, we didn't even drink beer! Anyway, it was fun. We ended up the big 2-7 with dinner at Bonefish Grill and beers at Clancy's. Mike, Denise, Josh and Shannon - thanks for meeting up with us at Clancy's. Like I said, have to take advantage of those Friday night birthdays! And to the Hites - you stayed out way too late to drive us home. Thank you. Yellow cab is pissed we never called to cancel.



Thanks to ALL of my friends who called, sent cards or text messages. The best part about burfdays is the reconnecting with all of your friends. Because when everyone has so much going on, it's great to know they'll always remember you on your day - and vice versa.

No comments: