12/08/2012

Big Boi

Our 38 week appointment was Thursday. We had a sonogram to see how big little mister is and to see how he is laying. He is head down which is great. The sonogram had him weighing in at ... weight for it ... 8 lbs, 4 oz. Now this could be off by a pound either way but the sonographer's quote was "you'll be having a big baby for you." Oh fun!! The 3D sono showed super huge cheeks, just like grandpa Ronnie.

I'm betting we have close to a nine-pounder on our hands because he will grow about .5 lbs / week and he's making no effort to start his way south. I was born at 7 lbs, 15.5 ounces (never round up a women's weight) and TFitch was 9 lbs, 6 oz. So yeah, story checks out. Dr. Matthews isn't concerned at his size and said we will wait for him to come (unless it is Dec. 27 when we will finally induce). She isn't saying c-section or anything either. I appreciate that she isn't rushing to get him out and believes in letting nature take its course. Makes me sound so hippie.

My blood pressure was 120 over something so I've apparently calmed my ass down. Actually that is higher than normal for me but still in the normal range.

I'm feeling pretty good. I feel ready but I'm content with him inside still (and so is he; I feed him too well). My last day of work is a week from yesterday; can't even believe it. This morning I took some time for me and got my hair cut and a nice and relaxing pedi and mani. (Feel even more ready with good toes for the ole 'rups). Hopefully later today I will find some energy to do some Christmas shopping. I'll regret not being out and about to soak up the spirit of the season if he comes early!

I haven't blogged about this but I realize I have in fact had cravings for the past 38 weeks. One being orange juice--love it. Have some every morning. Simply Orange, Medium Pulp with calcium and vitamin D is where it's at! Oranges (or this time of year, Cuties) taste divine too. Also, waffles always sound good.

May your weekend be as random as this blog post.

Wendy






No comments: