1/06/2010

Christmas with friends (that just so happened to take place on New Year's Eve)

TFitch and I are in a dinner club with a group of friends. In our dinner club, the host and hostess choose the menu and provide recipes to everyone else to make. We have a lot of fun (and by a lot I mean a LOT of fun), and we've stumbled upon some great recipes we've all made repeatedly. Each year we have a Christmas-themed dinner club and exchange gifts. We hosted this year, and opted to have it on New Year's Eve since everyone had sitters anyway.

Our menu was divine...

Appetizers (didn't get a photo):
Almond-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Seared Sea Scallops with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Golden Yukon Potatoes with Blue Cheese, Bacon and Chives

First Course:
Golden Mushroom Soup

Entree:
Beef Tenderloin
Asparagus Bundles
Four Cheese Mac & Cheese


Dessert:
Cranberry Cobbler

Signature Drink:
The O Fizz (or O! What a Fizz as we renamed it late in the evening)


Here are some photos of the tables and ambiance. We had to set-up a 6 foot table since our dining room table only seats 10 and there were 12 of us. We opted for two tables of six so they were even. Enjoy!

Appetizer Table
I asked everyone to e-mail me photos of their favorite ornaments, which I used for place cards


3 comments:

pammycakes said...

so cute! i love your holiday plates!

Emilie said...

So cute! I love that you were able to bust out the wedding champagne flutes!

Denise said...

O! What a night! Late December back in '09. What a very special time for me,
'Cause I remember what a night. O! what a night. -Denise