2/20/2009

An Oblogatory Post

In keeping with my at-least-a-post-a-week pact, I must write something. But I don’t have anything in particular to blog about so it’s gonna be random. Here goes.

1. My backspace key on my computer is sticking and it is driving me nuts. NUTS I tell ya.

2. My work bag has turned into my nonprofit bag. It’s chockfull of YWCA, Zoofari and Kappa stuff. And if the Coach tote I absolultey love breaks because of volunteering, well, then, that's where I draw the line.

3. Grease is the word. But I really only think there is one Danny Zuko and Sandra Dee – and that would be Johnny T and Olivia Newton John.

4. I’m super stoked about the YWCA event Shannon and I chairing. Don’t know when it will be so just go ahead and block out November.

5. TFGIFF! That is the R-rated version of TGIF. You know - when you REALLY mean TGIF.

6. This morning at the Omaha Home Show, housed at the Qwest Center, I saw what appeared to be a homeless man. "Hm, I wonder, how he got in if he's homeless?" I asked myself. "He must not be homeless. He must just be dirty and smelly and raggedy and pushing a walker that just looks like a cart a homeless person pushes." That was around 11 a.m. Around 2 p.m., when I'm driving back from a lunch at Noodle Zoo (the one where I got really jazzed about the YWCA event Shannon and I are chairing) who do I see crossing the street at 42nd and Dodge? The dirty and smelly and raggedy man from the Home Show, pushing his cart. I shit you not - crossing Dodge Street right in front of me to get to the Family Dollar. Clearly homeless, clearly at the Home Show to get free shit. Don't know how he got in (they take tickets you know). But what I can tell you is that dude can hoof it!

No comments: