1/29/2009

I've died and went to Omaha

I once stalked College World Series baseball players at the Omaha Marriott while I was in college. Now's about the time I grow up and start stalking adults. And I think I'll start with Mr. Clooney. Hot mama! I think the four "Honeymoon is Over" readers and I should have a contest to see who spots him first...

George Clooney heading to Omaha for new film



Academy Award-winning actor George Clooney will be in Omaha this spring filming for the new movie, "Up in the Air."

Oscar nominated "Juno" director Jason Reitman wrote the screenplay and will direct the Paramount Pictures film. Reitman and his crew have been to Omaha several times scouting locations and “fell in love with the city” said Dana Markel, executive director of the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Filming locations will include the giant push pins that feature tourist locations such as the Henry Doorly Zoo and Boys Town.

"Up in the Air" is based on the novel written by Walter Kirn about a constantly traveling corporate downsizer obsessed with collecting his one millionth frequent flyer mile. The main character, Ryan Bingham -- played by Clooney -- endures some quirky twists and turns on his journey.

This isn’t Clooney’s first brush with Omaha. He won an Oscar nomination for his role in "Michael Clayton," which includes a quick visual reference of Omaha. Clooney is expected to be in Omaha filming "Up in the Air" for three days.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Whoo Hoo!! I am in! Let the games begin. Plus I just want to see him in person to see if he is as sexy in person as he is on film.

Wendy said...

I'm gonna go ahead and bet he is. Surely Tom and Trevor won't have an issue with us being on the prowl for another man...