1/21/2009

I have a new obsession

And her name is Michelle Obama. Her inaugural gown was hot! I thought the color looked awesome on her and the style was great. Very flattering and seemed to fit her personality well. Plus, it's a major bonus she didn't choose something matronly like exhibits A and B:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B
I know Hils and Lars both became first ladies at older ages than Shel (totally on a nickname basis) , but still - blach! I wouldn't let my grandma wear either of those to an inaugural ball! Newsflash Hillary Rodham Clinton: mesh, jeweled sleeves were never cool. Not now, not in 1800 and not even in the 1990s when you actually wore that hideous thing. (Not to bash a prominent American figure, but she should stick to politics.)

Back to the first lady of the hour...how 'bout her love for J. Crew? The gloves (and rumor has it shoes) she wore with her lemongrass ensemble during the swearing in ceremony were just a little something she picked up there. And Sasha and Malia (who had a movie party in the White House last night - HOW FUN!) and their little Crewcuts coats. Word to Obama: I too like J. Crew, it's just a little pricey for me. Let's stimulate this economy and mandate they lower their prices!

In other fashion news, props to Target for the $2.25 Cherokee brand white turtleneck I found on the clearance rack last night. Sorry friends - I got the last one. I know you're jealous. Why don't you blog about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also heard Barack's suit last night was J.Crew, too. Gotta love the Crew.