10/27/2008

Sign Language Class

Tonight was my first night of sign language class. It was great. I work with a deaf woman and I am very excited to be able to better communicate with her. I practiced spelling out "good morning" on my way home; I am already looking forward to seeing her tomorrow morning.

I have been practicing since I got home. I've been spelling out "treat" to Macy and I think she gets it! I will have to try different words to see if she can actually read what I am spelling. Trevor said he is enjoying me taking my class because I am much quieter. I called him a mean name via sign language. Best part is he has no idea what I called him :-).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhhh.... i took sign for a year in college and LOVED it!!! the best is when you know the "words" that no one else does : )

Anonymous said...

Wendy, that is so great! We have checked out Signing Time videos from the library, and the girls are crazy about them. Charlotte will often sign as she tries to say words. It's amazing. Can't wait to hear more about this.