10/30/2008

Goodwill

I felt compelled to blog about this article for two reasons.

First to acknowledge the best lead I've read in a long time: "Even if you don't think Sarah Palin is a smart cookie, you have to admit she's a smart dresser." You're right, Niz, I don't think she is a smart cookie.

The other reason I had to blog about this is because it reminds me of a Goodwill story of my own. (The part talking about the chances of Sarah Palin's expensive duds winding up at an Omaha-area Goodwill store.) You see, my dad used to own a hot pink Notre Dame polo. It was hot (pink). After he wore it out (or got too much ridicule) he took it to the Goodwill.

Fast forward a few weeks to a phat frat party. One of Trevor's brothas is rocking a hot pink Notre Dame polo shirt. Small hole near the buttons.

Wendy: "Where'd you get that shirt, Mike?"
Mike: "Goodwill."

Mike bought (actually, he confessed he STOLE) my dad's shirt.

What are the odds? I'm hoping as slim as the odds of Sarah Palin becoming vice-president.

No comments: