2/07/2008

A trip out east

I was in NYC for work the past few days. It was a great time to be in the city as Fashion Week was taking place! They days were pretty busy and their was work to be done during the evenings, but today we ironically enough had reservations at DB Bistro right by Bryant Park – home of Fashion Week. (DB Bistro was fabulous, BTW.) After lunch we had some time to kill before our last appointment of the trip, with Ladies’ Home Journal, so my friends from Blue Bunny and I strolled over to check out the fashionistas. It was pretty cool. Paparazzi just hanging out waiting to capture someone. We didn’t see a celeb (DARN IT!) but the atmosphere was fun to be in, nonetheless!

I was in D.C. before heading to New York. (It’s been a week on the east coast.) I haven’t been to the Capitol city in years. What an awesome place. All of a sudden I’m driving by some of the most notable places in our country: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., the Pentagon, the Washington Memorial. My brother is actually moving outside of D.C. in March – to Reston, Virginia, and I am excited to visit him and get back to the area. My friend Lizzie lives in D.C. now so I was able to catch up with her (and pooch Henry) Monday night over some vino and very, very tasty pizza. I haven’t seen Lizzie since September or so, and one of the things I love most about my friendship with Lizzie is we can not see each other or chat for a while, but when we do get together or talk it’s like we just were together the day before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, you just happened to drive by 1600 Pennsylvania or did you enter that address into your Garmin...? :)