3/01/2006

Grammar Geek

I have to put this out there.

I like to write and I like punctuation. This blog does not reflect that.

I write everyday for work. Whenever something is going to my client, the media or anyone else I’m working with, it’s (hopefully) flawless. I review it ten times and then I usually send it to co-workers for review.

When I post to the blog, all punctuation, grammar and rules go by the wayside. It’s a journal. I don’t care that I maybe get an its and it’s messed up because I am so excited to get my thoughts down. This is a personal blog and my number one objective is to tell you what I’m (or we’re) thinking or doing. If I start going back and editing posts, the original meaning’s altered – even if it is inserting a comma there or taking out a semi-colon. There will be dangling prepositions and “We”s and “I”s because I can’t remember if I’m writing from my point of view or on behalf of both of us. The tenses will be off because I might be writing about something as if it happened today but really it was two weeks ago.

What you’re reading is real. I just wanted to put it out their.

No comments: