8/18/2012

An update from Omaha

Hello son!

This weekly post comes to you from Omaha. Your great grandma Lusienski passed away this week so we are here to celebrate her life. You would have been her 39th great grandchild! I am sad she didn't have a chance to meet you but she knew a little boy was on the way and she was very excited. She was a neat person and will be missed.

We had an appointment with Dr. Matthews yesterday and everything is looking good! She said I'm measuring at 23 weeks so just a little big. I started to convince myself (based on yesterday and the sonogram where you were measuring +6 days ahead of schedule) that you're going to come early (12/12/12?) but you have already proven me wrong once so I'm not placing any bets. Just please don't make me wait until 2013! Dr. Matthews said you were "very active" upon listening to your heartbeat (strong and solid, in the 150s). I wasn't surprised to hear her say that! You like to kick, do turns and perpaps a form of inutero marial arts all the time! I like it.

You have a place to sleep once you graduate from womb to room. We bought you a crib and dresser last weekend at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Let the decorating begin!

Next weekend is uncle Kalin and auntie Lindsay's wedding and we can't wait!! Fitting into a bridesmaid dress I ordered pre-pregnancy has proven a bit challenging but if that's the biggest hurdle in this pregnancy, I'll take it.

I'll write to you soon, little sweetheart snuggle pants (Daddy's first nickname for you).

Love,
Mom

No comments: