3/13/2009

Breast Cancer 3-Day

I've been contemplating registering for a 2009 Breast Cancer 3-Day ever since I took my new job. I just knew I'd kind of miss it. But I was also struggling with whether or not to sign up: on one hand I have at least one person to walk Denver with (Kristi) and someone to train with in Omaha (Dianna). But, it is the weekend before Meghan's wedding AND I have to raise $2,300 to participate, something I'm worried about because of the fundraising I have to do for Zoofari, Paint the Town Orange and Wine 'Til Nine (Shannon and I are involved again this year). I'm worried I am going to tap out my fundraising sources. However, I totally and 100 percent believe in the power of numbers. I haven't been on Facebook since February 25, but I think I have around 300 friends. (I'm so cool.) If each friend donated $7.60, I'd reach my fundraising goal lickity split - and $7.60 doesn't seem like that large of an amount, does it? So please, if you can, donate $7.60 to my Breast Cancer 3-Day efforts. I'll of course accept more :). It's actually a very small price to pay if you think about what you are donating to: a world without breast cancer.

We're also open to new team members. Let me know if you are interested in walking 60 miles over the course of three days August 28-30.

Visit my Breast Cancer 3-Day page here.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Wendy

No comments: